Monday, December 31, 2007

New Years News!!!!

Heya Friends. . .two quick bits of news as I wish you all a happy new year!!!!
First of all, I have FINALLY finished my newest album, "The Open Road". The theme of these ten songs are all related to the challenges and issues of transitioning from young adulthood into middle age. I am very proud of it and hope that it has something to offer you. You can hear it by going to my personal website at www.thomasjwilson.com. As always, feedback and constructive criticism is highly appreciated. Special thanks to J R Mounts for his phenomenal guitar work on this one.
Secondly, for those of you who don't already know. . .Kimberly has accepted a position with Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, New Hampshire. We believe that we have found a house just across the border into Vermont. We will be leaving Georgia at the end of January. I will forward specific contact info to you all as time comes closer.
Thanks to one and all. . .much thanks for the love and support that you continue to give me.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Open Road
A Review

so then, I have to admit, although I've admired Thomas J. Wilson's talent, I've always greeted his music with a bit of lukewarmness. While the pieces were always complex and filled with lush harmonies, guitars, and plenty of drum fills, they lacked strength and appeal in the vocal melodies and also in production. (and I speak, of course, from a purely subjective point of view).

Thomas hits both of these head-on in his latest outing, "The Open Road". Never before do all the elements come together as they do here. Raw energy, production, composition and vocal appeal - it's all there. This is a fantastic body of work. I jumped out of my seat with every song. Never before have the guitars and percussion sounded so good. All the arrangements fit perfectly, yet do not sound mechanical. Every nuance is in place, and draws the listener in. And as with all of Wilson's work, there's always an element of surprise. There's something else, here as well, which may come as a compliment or a detriment depending on how you look at it. "The Open Road" has commercial appeal. This one should be able to hit a much broader audience. Yes, there's lots of introspection, but not so much that the listener can't relate. The music sounds vintage but not dated. There's a freshness to it that should captivate even the young listener.

Bottom line "The Open Road" is far and away Thomas J. Wilson's finest moment. I simply love this album, and I've only listened to it twice!

-Edward Lee

2:18 PM  
Blogger Thomas J. said...

Thanks so much Ed. . that means a lot, coming from you. I think a HUGE kudos goes to J R, whose guitar parts frame everything I've done on this one. . .much moreso than in the past. I think he does a great job covering up what no-talent hack I am.

Thanks so much for your support and kind words, Ed. When is YOUR new one going to be done?

9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow.

Just...wow.

That's all I can say.

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home