Monday, September 04, 2006

Crikey.


Crikey. That is all I can say. I am so heartbroken at the untimely death of the great Steve Irwin.

For me, a guy who remains inhereintly skeptical of all sorts of hollywood fluff, I have been so enormously enthralled with the great Croc Hunter over the past couple of years. I mean, here is a guy who is doing exactly what he wants to do with the people he wants to do it with. He is making a living, and seems to be 100% genuine while doing it. I have joked before about how nuts he was, and maybe I was right, but he was REAL. . .something very rare in a celebrity these days.

His work towards conservation and education eill be heralded by many, and I will echo the thought, but the thing that struck me is that he was a devoted and loving father, who demonstrated respect and affection for his children.

Although he was criticized by many regarding the "Bob Incident", it was apparent by watching the show how much respect and love he had for his kids, and that they took FIRST priority in his life. My heart goes out to them, and to Terri, as they experience this tragic loss.

May whatever God there is in heaven that looks after Crazy Croc Hunters, be watching out for him in an afterlife full of wild, splashy, slithery, creepy, crawly critters. May that same God touch the lives of Terri, Bindi, Bob, and all of the Australia Zoo staff with comfort and healing at this time of grief.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thomas, I knew this would make you sad. I wish his family well.

Leo

5:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home