Monday, October 23, 2006

J R Mounts



I have been meaning for some time to give a quick shout out about my good friend and co-producer/guitarist, J R Mounts. J R and I met thru the band "juggernaut" (later to be called PseudoArmor) that we both played in for a while last year. The band did not last, but the friendship did.

J R (and yes, that is his real name--no initials. . just "J R Mounts") is a phenomenal guitarist and songwriter. . .we have found that our individual influences and styles totally compliment each other, while still being challenging. His work on both "The Spirit Tree" and "Ubuntu" expand the music beyond anything that I could have hoped for, and we are looking forward to ongoing collaborations, even after "Ubuntu" is finished.

If J R were just a musical collaborator, I would be beyond blessed, but our friendship has also grown and multiplied that blessing a hundred fold. . .whether it is working on music, discussing music, books or movies, talking about family and relationships, or unraveling the mysteries of the universe, I am thankful that grace led us together.

So, here is my virtual nod to my good good friend, who came to me at a time when I really needed a friend and partner, and who i feel certain will continue to be a good friend for years to come.

Love ya man!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home