Thursday, February 08, 2007

Myspace

Ok. . .so, i have a myspace page. . .and fortunately, since I have a band profile, I don't get the same level of crap going on that alot of folks do. . with spam, rude comments, etc.

One of the observations that I have made, however, is related to the "cool new people"

Now, I admit to being a fan of checking out the cool new people. . .to me it is like people watching at the mall. . .just seeing people, how they act, what they say. it is interesting to me, a student of human behavior.

One of the predictable phenomena, however, is when there are attractive 20 something women who are on the "cool new people". It usually takes about 24-48 hours until they have switched their profiles to private.

Are their really so many people out there in cyberspace who are so clueless and rude, that they perpetually get their jollies by making rude comments to complete strangers? I mean, people watching is one thing, and as someone who has several websites to host music, thoughts, etc, I am far from critical of the sort of emotional and intellectual exhibitionism and voyeurism that is the modern day internet.

This seems to me to be something different, however. To start a website with the best of intentions, but then have insecure, oversexed uncouth people being rude enough to make people hide themselves in what was intended to be a public forum is sad to me.

For real, myspcae horndogs, get a grip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home