Thursday, December 01, 2005

Idiots should not blog without supervision.

Ok, so, this morning, I wrote this delightfully funny and insightful post about returning to the work world. Apparently there was something faulty with the computer, or the internet, or the server or something, because I SURE did lose it. And of course it didn't have ANYTHING to do with ME)

Now. . .the old addage goes, garbage in=garbage out. . .does that mean that since i did all of that work, and got nothing to show for it, that I was essentially saying nothing worth reading anyway?

If that is true, should I assume that my other posts ARE worth reading, as they have been successfully published?

OR, does it have anything to do with my inability to find the damn anykey.

Now, in all seriousness, it makes me think about two totally different subjects:

1) Isn't it funny that computers are manufactured with an 18 month lifespan (cars as well) what is it about the rampant consumerism in out country that makes us buy items that we fully expect to break down and become obsolete at approximately the same time they are paid off? Is anyone happy about this? (besides Bill Gates, of course)

2) blogging is a wonderful thing. . .why is it, however, that so many humans are posting on blogs, yet it seems like so few people are having meaningful conversations with each other? Is it actually the inherent fear that we will be rejected if we do not have something to say that our audience deems as valuable? If so, is blogging then the "safe way" to say the things that we deem valuable and worth saying without having to worry about someone ignoring us?

IF the above is true, does that make a person who speaks his mind and could care less what anybody else thinks about it in the REAL world, the same as a real world blogger? If so, does this make me an admirable articulate person, or a general, know it all nuisance?

3 Comments:

Blogger Kimberly said...

I could answer that last question, but I won't. Luv ya honey :o)

6:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I too will refrain from answering the last question. :)

I think people blog more openly than they talk because it is safer. I also think that blogging/emailing is easier because it givese you more time to thing about what you want to say and then delete and rewrite if necessary. Once you speak, the words cannot be taken back. For the reader, blogging/emailing is safer because we have multiple chances to read, and reread if necessary. It gives time to seek clarity and understanding.

Anyway, I am sorry that you lost your post. That doesn't make you an idiot...it makes you human...either that or your computer is crap. I Highly recommend a MAC...we love ours.

Happy blogging!
ch

11:23 AM  
Blogger Thomas J. said...

Heather!! Awesomely wonderful to see you here. . .I checked out your blog too, and once i get a chance I will read more. . .it looks like you have some good things to say. . .cute cat, BTW.

Alright. . .anyway, I guess ch and Kimberly agreeing is a scary thing. . .maybe this ISN'T such a good idea after all. . .LOL. . .just kidding.

Thomas J.

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home