Sunday, February 12, 2006

Back in the Swing!!!

Ok, The site is updated, the routine for the kids is getting pretty fimly entrenched, the Studio has been moved upstairs (i LOVE my new desk) and all is well. . .i have started writing again and am trying to "get inspired" (as if one can MAKE that happen).

It is an interesting blend of the organic, the spiritual, and the technological, this music making of mine. . .the changed and innovations in the studio setup do alot to provoke my thought and creativity, but at the same time, songwriting (at least the MUSIC) is strongly rooted in the kinetic. . .in otherwords, how does the music FEEL when I play it. And then, as always, the spiritual is at the root of the lyrics. . .

So, here I am at the start of the creative process. . .wanting desperately to be innovative, but at the same time, I feel that there is an advantage to keeping the "Thomas J. Sound".

The other thing to note, is that it occurs to me that so much of what I write is a combination of the celebration of the simple, the everyday, the mundane, while accentuating the spiritual and contemplative. . .being honest, I admit that part of this may have to do with the desire to veiw my mundane little life as exceptional and extraordinary. . .but on the other side of that coin, maybe it is the recognition that ALL of us can have an extraordinary life, as ling as we veiw it that way. . .as long as we are open to growth and possibilities!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home