Thursday, April 20, 2006

Back from the Dead

I don't think I had realized what a hard year 2005 had been until the past couple of weeks. Moving, setting up house, restructuring a daily routine has truly reinforced to me how unmotivated and lethargic I had been last year. Things had been in absolute chaos between a move, my mother's death, processing alot of the feelings and ideas from my departure from organized religion, and having a new baby. I tend to be a bit anomolus in the way that my depression manifests itself, as I generally have very few of the affective symptoms of depression, save for some periodic irritablity, but the PHYSICAL symptoms (lethargy, fatigue, sleeplessness, etc) become fairly profound. I can feel "happy" and have all of the cognitive processes that go with that, while still have alot of the physical symptoms. A change in routine, a new home, and a tweak on my medicine has gotten me back on track, and I AM starting to feel alive again, realizing how hard last year was at the same time.

I guess i should consider myself lucky. . .as I am able to address alot of the issues without the insufferable helplessness and hoplessness that alot of people experience, so i guess i shouldn't complain.

Alright, so here we are, back alive again, interactive, functional. . .the new house is BEAUTIFUL and we are loving every minute of it. There is not a morning that goes by where at least one of the kids has not looked at me and gone "I love this new house." I do too. Kimberly does too. We have finally gotten all of the moving in stuff done (the upstairs bathroom needs a little attention) and I am getting ready to move ahead on the new recording project.

The kids are all good. . .Thomas the Tank engine is the flavor of the week. . .which is far and away preferrable to teletubbies (which, thank GOD is their choice over Barney. . .there I have to draw the line of tolerance for banality).

The baby has gotten teeth already. . .our "little" Sofia, who remains off the charts in height and weight, says she needs to start eating. . ."i have teeth now, so give me a turkey sandwich" For the time being, we are limiting it to some vague experimentations with oatmeal. She is lioving the new house too. . .having to share a room with her SISTER is better than with Mom and Dad.

All right. . .coming up. . .some possibly before the end of the day: "The Spirit Tree", thoughts on the meaning of the ressurection archetype, my thoughts regarding immigration, and others.

Thanks for haning with me. . .

THERE, does my blog suck a little less NOW?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, it sucks a little less now. who goes so long without posting? Geesh.

It sounds like routine is an important in your life. Of course with 4 kids you'd have to have a pretty solid routine. It helps with depression too. I am glad tht you are getting things back in order and that things are looking up.

The house is nice. I am glad that you are getting settled. Now.... the kids....

WOW. Olivia looks more and more like your mom everyday! Sam is looking more like Drew.... and that baby of yours looks like Kimberly! They are getting so big. Olivia's earings surprised me a bit.

I am glad that things are going well..... make more time to BLOG in that hectic schedule of yours.

11:58 AM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Olivia AND Sofia have their ears pierced. We had them both done at two months, they were required to have their first set of immunizations. So about a week after their shots, they got their ears pierced.

Let me say that is so easy when they are so young. They cry for 10 seconds only and they leave their ears alone, which allows them to heal without any problems.

I love little girls with their ears pierced.

4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me too.... but SOME people seem to think that it is a really bad idea until little girls turn 12 or 13. I seem to remember someone saying once, "It is a right of passage." GEESH... SOME people were wound a little too tightly! : )

6:37 PM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Yep, I know. We had MANY discussions about this issue when we were dating and first married. By the time I got pregnant with Possum, his mind had changed.

I like little girls with earrings and I always wanted to pierce my baby's ears, so I am glad we were able to come to an agreement.

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home